Located in the Huayra Q’asa community, Torotoro National Park (Potosf department), in southern Bolivia, the Umajalanta Cabins offer a rustic and cozy atmosphere, surrounded by a mountainous landscape and the Garrapatal canyon. Here you can enjoy a break from the daily routine, accompanied by natural wonder and dinosaurs’ traces, the largest animals that existed on the planet.
Local community members offer lodging and food services, along with different Torotoro National Park tours. One can venture deep into caverns, hike along paths that show dinosaurs’ footprints and admire impressive canyons and waterfalls, among other attractions.
The Umajalanta Cabins are a project built and consolidated by the Huayra Q’asa community, a pioneer in Torotoro tourism. Visiting this place is an opportunity to support families and their economic development.
- Local guides
Torotoro National Park Attractions:
- Chiflon Q’aqa (Cascade Rappelling)
- Itas City
- Umajalanta cavern
- Huayllas (dinosaurs’ footprints)
- Stone bridges
- Torotoro Canyon
- The Garden “El Vergel”
- Wayra K’asa community, Torotoro municipality, Torotoro National Park. 8 kilometers from the
urban center (about 15 minutes)
Best time to visit:
- All year
Way to get there:
- The only road to this community is through Cochabamba city. One can take small buses that leave
from Republica avenue and Mairana passage, or from Republica avenue and Valle Grande street.
These transport depart continuously, the cost is Bs 35 ($us 5).
- From Torotoro you can take private transport per group for Bs 50 ($us 7), or motorcycle taxi, for
Bs 20 per person ($us 3).
- Half cabin (1 to 3 people) Bs 140 per person ($us 20).
- Complete cabin (4 to 6 people) Bs 120 per person ($us 17).
- Breakfast (includes with lodging)
- Lunch Bs 25 ($us 4)
- Dinner Bs 35 ($us 5)
- Mario Juchasara, administrator: (591) 72746253
This content is taken from the “Soy Bolivia” verified guide, prepared in April 2023 with information provided by organizations and communities involved. This guide is updated annually to ensure its validity. In order to suggest a community tourism venture, free of charge, you are welcome to send a WhatsApp message to the number (591) 70079347.
- Note: Prices are updated to May 2023.
Warning. The images in this guide were provided by representatives of the involved communities, who assured that they use these photographs for the respective promotions of their ventures.
This post is also available in: Español