Ecocamp Berraco Madidi offers the opportunity to explore the Amazon jungle mysteries in the Madidi
National Park, in La Paz department, and to choose from a variety of activities ranging from quiet hikes
along tropical trails to exciting rafting descents.
The adventure begins in Rurrenabaque, Beni department, with a trip in a motorized boat along the Beni
and Tuichi rivers, to enter the Madidi National Park, in the heart of the Bolivian Amazon, one of the
areas with the greatest biological diversity in the world. During the tour at the Tuichi River, alligators
basking in the sun and birds flying among the treetops can be observed.
After an about four-hour interesting journey, a stop is scheduled to enjoy lunch on the river bank,
before continuing towards the Eco Camp where arrival is scheduled in the afternoon.
This venture is run by a Quechua – Tacana indigenous community that focuses on local flora and fauna
conservation. It offers accommodation in double or triple cabins built with local materials at strategic
points in the rainforest with natural landscape views. Each one is equipped with hammocks, so that the
visitor can rest in the midst of the place tranquility. In addition, each cabin has single or double beds
with mosquito nets, bathrooms, showers, and laundry.
Activities and services
- Hiking, canoeing, fishing, birdwatching, visiting the community and learning survival skills.
- Classic tour packages of 3D / 2N, 4D / 3N and 5D / 4N, as well as small expeditions of 7 to 15
days or more.
- The community company also has special packages for photographers, birdwatchers, biologists,
expedition members and sports fishers, among others.
Best time to visit:
- Recommended season: The company offers tours all year round, however, the optimal season is
from May to October because in this period there are usually no adverse weather conditions.
Way to get there:
- The tour starts in Rurrenabaque. This point can be reached by plane from anywhere in Bolivia or
by bus from La Paz.
- See location: http://bit.ly/3J5iQBp
Essential clothing and accessories:
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Personal backpack
- The package costs are variable, depending on the number of people and the time of visit.
Consult through contact numbers.
- Phone: + (591)73553251 / + (591) 72838467
- WhatsApp :+ (591) 71116570 / + (591) 72838467
This content is taken from the “Soy Bolivia” verified guide, prepared in April 2023 with information provided by organizations and communities involved. This guide is updated annually to ensure its validity. In order to suggest a community tourism venture, free of charge, you are welcome to send a WhatsApp message to the number (591) 70079347.
- Note: Prices are updated to May 2023.
Warning. The images in this guide were provided by representatives of the involved communities, who assured that they use these photographs for the respective promotions of their ventures.
This post is also available in: Español